2.0l engine stand??

Brian Haygood wrote:

> Hey folks, there is a vague chance I would be picking up a 2.0l engine and
> dragging it home in my wife's GTI soon (MKIV).  Can anyone give me any
> advice on what I would need to get it home in one piece?  Can anyone give me
> some dimensions for an engine stand of sorts that would keep it from
> damaging itself or the GTI on the way home?  Preferably something made of
> wood, straps, and bungie cords that I could throw together.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Brian

Won't need sand to get it home, Motor Stand sounds like what you need
once it have it and want to work on it outside of the motor.

I'd say (w/ the seat Up) lay a moving quilt in the back and get some
help to lift in over the rear hatch sill , wrap the blanket over the top
of it and if possible wedge some foam or what ever around it. As long as
it doesn't lay over too far it shouldn't leak too much.

hth,
TBerk