Pick and pull goodies, and some q's about the '84

Took off work to head to the local junkyard today, and found (but didn't
buy yet) some good stuff.
- (3) 14" teardrops on an A2 Golf 4 door, in good shape (price quoted:
$20 each) 2 with centercaps, one without, one spare rim (the other
teardrop wasn't in the car).
- Full black leather interior in an '83 Scirocco (manufacured 3/83),
with split back seats.  Looked to be in very good shape, normal wear, no
stitching coming undone or holes to be seen, just muddy.  ($75 for
everything)
- Mono wiper on same car, didn't get a price.
-Cloth/vinyl interior from an A2 Jetta GLI 8v, didn't say Recaro, but
maybe?  Looked to be in good shape.  Didn't get a price.

Q's.
Would the leather fit in either of my cars?  I'm assuming it would fit
the '84, but how about the '81.  And the Jetta seats?  I'd really like
to ditch the crappy tan vinyl in the '81 with something a little nicer.

Now, once again, questions about the '84.  I drove it last night, and
this is what I found.  Power seemed to really kick in at about
2500-3000, would this be normal with my setup (it's been so long since
I've driven it I can't remember) 1.8 JH (we think), 286* cam, 4-2-1
(stock, not TT'd yet) with 2" TT cat and catback exhaust.  It seemed to
get somewhat noisy about 3000, too.  I never did a valve adjustment when
I installed the cam, how critical is this, and will I do any damage
driving it without checking/adjusting my valves?  And where is a good
place to get valve shims, if I need them?

I'm looking for a 16v lower stress bar as well, one of the reasons for
the yard run.  Didn't find one, and I actually need 2 (one for my '81,
one for a friends '81 Pickup).

Oh, and who makes TT's cats?  Or are they made in-house at TT?  Just
curious.

Nate
'81
'84