From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Christopher Grossi
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2002 12:49 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Front Wheel Bearings Revisited

Looking to do the front wheel bearing on my 85 8v. Looked at the ETKA cd to
see what I was up against, looks pretty straight forward except for the
bearings being pressed. I looked in the message archives for the list and
found some of you did this yourself. I am confused by the diagram on the
CD, looks like the bearings go into a housing. I was under the impression
that they went into the hub and I could just take the hub to someplace and
have them press the old ones out and the new ones back into the hub. Am I
over thinking this and confusing myself or do they actually go into the hub
like I originally thought? Someone for the love of god help me :). Oh and
luckily for me one on the Jetta is starting to make noise too in the front.
How nice. I love owning 2 cars. Anywho are they the same on a 92 Jetta GL
as well?

Thanks,
Chris Grossi