I found out I have an FF Trany instead of a 4k on my 84, is an FF ok with a stock JH 8v?

On Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:11:01 -0800 (PST), you wrote:

> Also how
>do I tell what FF I have since I hear there are
>different versions of the FF=20

The serial number following the "FF" contains the date of mfg. code,
IIRC.  Then this chart will tell you the ratios you have:
http://4crawler.cruiserpages.com/Diesel/VW_020_transmission.shtml

I used an FF for a core when I got my FN/Quaife from VL.  Had to
verify it was the same ratios by the date code.   Sorry but I don't
have the info handy on how to read the code.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9
http://home.att.net/~gforbess/scirocco/scirocco.htm