I found out I have an FF Trany instead of a 4k on my 84, is an FF ok with a stock JH 8v?

I checked my tranny number and the first two letters
were FF.  I am thinking that either the previous owner
or my uncle had SMS occur to them and replaced the 4k
with an FF.  The gear ratios don't feel long and 5th
gear is about 2500 at 50mph or 55 mph.  Will having an
FF be a benifit other than highway driving?  Also how
do I tell what FF I have since I hear there are
different versions of the FF

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco(stock)
1987 White Quantum wagon (Stock with auto)
aw614.topcities.com/1984.htm