[OT] Best Digi Cams?

  Be aware that digicams are not *yet* straight replacements for 35 mm
cameras. In many respects they are better. There is a learning curve,
but it is very rewarding.

  The three criteria you want are are not there yet in a single product,
especially number 3 :-)

  They are probably all reliable.

  They will work in all lighting - but they will not adjust
automatically to all lighting, some manual adjustment (tweaking really)
will be required.

  And as for not being expensive ... forget it.

  But you will love it anyways.  Have a look at the following sites:

  - http://www.steves-digicams.com
  - http://www.dpreview.com
  - http://www.shortcourses.com
  - http://www.imaging-resource.com/

  Read them well, there are cameras that will match your current
photographic style. Ask me questions if you get confused.

  Me, I went for a Nikon Coolpix 995 back in August: more than 4000
snaps later, my only regret is that the Coolpix 5000 was not out yet.
That does not stop me from having the time of my life :-)

	Jean-Claude
	84 8v
	Nikon Coolpix 995