Made a big mistake - test drove a WRX!

Marc Peterson wrote:

> Oops!  Man, that is a fun car.  I don't get the complains that other people
> have.

> 1) turbo lag.  This is not much different than my VR6, it doesn't do
> much until 3K either.

Well, it's kind like what they say about the 16v- It FEELS like it's
weaker down low because of the higher power up top.

> 2) Cheap feeling.   This is the one that I don't
> understand.  It seems to be as well put together as my A3 Jetta, and is
> miles above our scirocco's.  Its no MK4 or Audi, but then, they are big
> assed bloated luxo-sedans.

Yep, if you look at the dash you see silver plastic. Subaru has these
cheesy carbon fiber parts (somehow they think this is an upgrade) and
it's ridiculously priced too. For some people the interior seems to go
with an entry level car, what they may fail to realize is the motor they
are buying is where the (appox) $23K is going.  On the other side is the
included Momo steering wheel  but unfortunately the Auto doesn't come
with the upgraded shifter knob.

> 3) Need for the 17" rims.  Nope.  I couldn't get it to break loose.
> They (the tires) did tend to fold over a bit, but nothing major.

 Well, the weakest part of the stock car is the tires. They are cheap,
one size fits all units. Better to dial in a set based on your local
weather and conditions, maybe have a winter set on standby.

> Basically, I'm about ready to dump my 95 Jetta and sell the rolling pile of
> rust that is my 81 for this car.  Its that good.
>
> Marc

If VW comes out with a two door wagon (yer right) or better yet the Lupo
for 50 states and or with a DI power plant (or even better yet- the new
diesel plant coming out) then we might be in biz.

We'll see if they can make the high end work because they are loosing
the low end, can they hold the middle?

TBerk