Transmission SHIPPING Q

I reccomend having it banded to a pallet with plastic
or steel bands, or putting it in a wooden crate and
having it secured inside so it won't slide around.
This is how my company sends heavy equipment overseas.
If you band it to a pallet, I further reccomend
wrapping it with lots of shrink wrap. The nice thing
about this method is nobody can stack stuff on top.
Despite labels to the contrary, trucking companies
will double stack things to avoid hauling too much
sail boat fuel. Also dock rats appreciate this and are
less likely to get pissed off.

If you can't do the above, get a really tough box. Put
stuff, like balled up newspapers, in all around it so
it will not move easily. Those foam pieces work well
also.This guy from Lufthansa once told me that kitty
litter makes excellant packing material!

=====
Jorel Jackson
web site:  http://geocities.com/jorel140/index.html
1987 16v & 1985 8v Sciroccos