Transmission SHIPPING Q

Hmmm...first thing to note is that the total weight will be approaching
80#, so whatever box you use will have to be sturdy.

I shipped one from Cincy to TX, but did it through work.  They had HD
boxes and "Instapak", the spray-in stuff that swells and firms up. It
worked beautifully.  Cost was $35 IIRC, but that was free packing
materials and a hefty company discount.

IMO, foam nuggets may let it slip around too much still.  You might try
wrapping it in bubble wrap (after putting it in a trash bag) first,
then fill the corners with nuggets.  Seriously try to find some company
to pack it for you; they should have good resources, materials, and
insights.

HTH,

Ron
--- Dan Kraus <dirtbike@warwick.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I have to ship out a transmission UPS this week and was wondering
> how I
> should go about this....
> * I was thinking bag trans, box, a little bit of foam nuggets,
> another box
> and seal..
>
> any other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan Kraus :-)

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.