How fast is a 2.0L 16v Mk2?

Well, at least you are being realistic.  (some guys would be asking, "can I
turn 13's with this setup?"!!!)
Do you mean break INTO the 16's or turn UNDER 16 seconds?   You could
certainly run in the 16's and, with a little playing with tire pressures,
etc. most likely turn in the high 15's.  That's my guess, based on the times
my son turns with his 1.8 MkI and how my stock 16V runs against his on the
street.

Larry  sandiego16V

> Just curious as to where on the pecking order I can
> expect my car to be...Mk2 16v with a very healthy but
> stock 9A 2L longblock running CIS-E, TT race downpipe (no cat). Could
> I in principle keep up with my friend's new Mk4 1.8T Golf? Could a
> good driver break the 16 sec. 1/4 mile with this setup?
>
> Thanks,
> Kareem  (conservative racer who likes to know the odds beforehand)

Sign Up for NetZero Platinum Today
Only $9.95 per month!