OT Cabby/Topless Bunny

From: "Ken Bates" <indiana_red@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 07:05:22 -0700

>Thanks,
>Doing a little exhaust work now.  Wrestling w/ the TT SSS 2.25
Cat-Back for
>MK1 16v Converts.  Its looking like I left too much on the "back-
side" of
>the cat as the largest piece of the system looks like it needs to
scoot up
>to fit the contours of the under carrige.  But I only left about
3/4" or so,
>just barely enough for a decent slip fit.  Also the hangar for
the tailpipe
>piece confirms this mis-fit as it is about 2" to far back and the
rubber
>hangar wont reach.  I dont know where this extra inch or 2 could
have come
>from.  I think I'll take a couple pics and post them and fish for
>suggestions that way...
>Anyone?
>Thanks
>Ken
>'79 Scirocco 16v project "McFly"
>'86 16v (parts car)
>VORTEX:  "Indiana Red"

I had the same thing happen on my '79 when I installed my TT 16V
exhaust!!!

I was told that I had an early 16V race downpipe, and that I would
have to cut off about an inch off the end of the downpipe.

I did and now it fits great...

IIRC, you are using the cat/downpipe, which makes me think that
maybe it wasn't the race DP that was a little long...

I will look into it.

Peter - Bear Delaware 19701
'79 Scirocco 16V, '83 & '84 GTI, '79, '81, '84, '84=BD, '88
Sciroccos
http://thescirocco.com
http://feedbyte.com
https://www.paypal.com/affil/pal=3DFRBJKL2G4Z76E