right rear stub axle

Calimus wrote:

> Just a quick question, it is possible to bend the stub axle without damaging
> anything else?  Reason I ask is that my right rear tire took a curb hit from
> the PO and it's now the front of the tire it pulled out away from the car
> just a tad causing some nasty tire ware.  I just wanted to know if that was
> possible since it's allot easier to replace the sub axle then the whole
> trailing arm.
>
> William

Sorry to say; most stub axles are too stout to be the cause of your
trouble.

Get up under the car with a big ol' Carpenter's Square and see if the
two sides of the axle are still square.

Betcha not.  :[)

If you go replacing parts I would also swap the bearing set on that side
also as they took the full hit and have then been running at an odd
angle since.

hth,
TBerk