Repeat after me, a parts car is a good thing!

Well,

Have the old 1.8 motor out of my 16v rocco and I
discover that there's more than just one crack in my
lower rad support, there are more like 5 of them.

The shop is doubtful that welding them up is going to
cut it.  Looks like something more invasive is
required.

Luckily I still have the shell from the parts car and
it's lower rad support is in *much* better shape than
mine.  Soooo, I think we'll be cutting out the two rad
supports and welding in the one from the parts car.
What fun!

Knew my luck had to run out sometime.  My junkyard 2
liter bottom end was in great shape, as was the 4k
tranny.  Bleah.

I just need this shell to hang together for 3 years
until I move out to San Diego and can find another
rocco 16v with a good body and paint to transfer all
my goodies into.

Unless someone has a good 16v body shell with decent
paint in the New England area...

-josh

=====
Josh Wyte