Master Cylinder question

Agreeing with you on the subject of upgrading the master cylinder should be
done by compairing pressure and what is needed to make everything work
"better".

Though I was required to upgrade from 20.4mm to 22.2mm Master cylinder (to
be able to support rear disc brakes and front disc 10.1 upgrades).

I did perform the logic between the 16v master cylinder and the G60 Master
cylinder, and in a previous post I did display the difference between the
two, basically the G60 MC has the identical lenght in stroke, but the bore
of the G60 Master cylinder is smaller, and if I understand the law of
hydrolic fluids (fro the years back at working at a hydroloic shop called
Wainbee (manufacturers of hydrolic pistons and lifts ). if you have pistons
(because that is what a master cylinder is after all, 2 pistons shifting oil
around.) that have the same stroke, but one has a larger area (bore) and the
other one is smaller;

The larger bore, will require less pedal travel to push the oil to its
destination, but will have less pressure on the piston.
The smaller bore will require more pedal travel to push the oil to its
destination, but will have more pressure on the piston.

and since the stroke is the same and the bore is smaller, and the price is
cheaper, why not get the G60 over the 16v MC?

Patrick

Now when it comes to 11" the G60 is an 11" brake MC. If you are to find a
25mm MC try to fiond one with a bore of almost the same size, that way you
will have more power and less pedal travel all in one. But so far, the
prices really don't warrant this unless you are going to 13" wheels.