Making a christmas tree - need more info...

Well I'm finally getting off my ass and getting things together for a
homebuilt christmas tree for my local car club (I guess I had mumbled
something to the effect at our last party/get-together in the fall...)
Damn alcohol :-)  I'd like to make this project as close to real as
possible, so:

The questions I have so far are:

- How high are the staging sensors from the ground? (they're 12"
apart).  If both lights can be staged at the same time it must be off
the ground somewhat, right?

- What sensors should I use (I know a bit about electronics, but have
limited experience looking up and sourcing stuff...)?  Any part#'s or
links to point me in the right direction?

- Ambers come on 1/2 sec apart, but do they each stay on?  If so, how
long?

- Green comes on 1/2 sec after last amber lights.  The red light occurs
if the "deep stage light" sensor circuit "opens" before the green
lights, right?  There's no separate "red light" sensor right?

- Is there a standard for these things? (height, bulb spacing, etc...)

Any and all suggestions for construction, suppliers, etc would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mark.