  From: Warren R. Price=20
  To: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 6:22 AM
  Subject: Now it makes some sense

  Ok, that search system seemed awfully slick and the parts list seemed =
a little too comprehensive for some guy specializing in Jaguar parts.  =
Incidentally, when I become frustrated with the Scirocco, I just ask my =
friend Mike how his Jag's are running.  Those damn things are a =
nightmare.  Step one in the shop manual for most repairs is, "Remove =
engine and transmission."  I keep telling him to collect real cars (of =
course I mean Sciroccos).  He's also on a Jaguar e-mail list.  Now, I =
don't contribute a whole lot to our list, but I do read it every day.  =
Our list is generally good-natured and pretty entertaining.  The Jag =
list?  Flatliners.  That's all I can say.  These guys get real uppity =
and don't dare talk about after-market parts of modifications.  Their =
list is more like a soap-opera.  Anyway, there are plenty of cars more =
troublesome than ours (especially when you take into account the mileage =
most of our Sciroccos have accumulated).  Maybe I'll join the jag list =
and spam them with Scirocco propoganda.  Yeah, put that in your British =
pipe and smoke it...  My Scirocco does something your Jaguars don't...  =
It runs (most of the time).

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1C9B3.850F83C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D3>Strange that this thread should come up =
when just=20
last week someone was trying to sell two 70's jags with 350 V8 =
conversions for=20
$1300.&nbsp; Claimed they both ran and drove fine.&nbsp; $1300 was for =
both and=20
I considered it for a minute then decided not to.&nbsp; There was a guy =
at SIR a=20
couple years back that did really well with his 400cid Jag.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Dave</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A href=3D"mailto:wprice@neo.rr.com"; title=3Dwprice@neo.rr.com>Warren =
R. Price</A>=20
  </DIV>
  href=3D"mailto:Scirocco-l@scirocco.org"=20
  title=3DScirocco-l@scirocco.org>Scirocco-l@scirocco.org</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, March 12, 2002 =
6:22=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Now it makes some =
sense</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ok, that search system seemed awfully =
slick and=20
  the parts list seemed&nbsp;a little too&nbsp;comprehensive for some =
guy=20
  specializing in Jaguar parts.&nbsp; Incidentally, when I become =
frustrated=20
  with the Scirocco, I just ask my friend Mike how his Jag's are =
running.&nbsp;=20
  Those damn things are a nightmare.&nbsp; Step one in the shop manual =
for most=20
  repairs is, "Remove engine and transmission."&nbsp; I keep telling him =

  to&nbsp;collect real cars (of course I mean Sciroccos).&nbsp; He's =
also on a=20
  Jaguar e-mail list.&nbsp; Now, I don't contribute a whole lot to our =
list, but=20
  I do read it every day.&nbsp; Our list is generally good-natured and =
pretty=20
  entertaining.&nbsp; The&nbsp;Jag list?&nbsp; Flatliners.&nbsp; That's =
all I=20
  can say.&nbsp; These guys get real uppity and don't dare talk about=20
  after-market parts of modifications.&nbsp; Their list is more like a=20
  soap-opera.&nbsp; Anyway, there are plenty of cars more troublesome =
than ours=20
  (especially when you take into account the mileage most of our =
Sciroccos have=20
  accumulated).&nbsp; Maybe I'll join the jag list and spam them with =
Scirocco=20
  propoganda.&nbsp; Yeah, put that in your British pipe and smoke =
it...&nbsp; My=20
  Scirocco does something your Jaguars don't...&nbsp; It runs (most of =
the=20
  time).</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C1C9B3.850F83C0--