switching from lug bolts to lug studs..

hi all, asked this on vorted but figured someone here would know :)

*** post on vortex ***

Hi all,

I wish to go from lug bolts to studs and nuts for fitting spacers to use
autocross tires. This is on a Scirocco 16v.

Here is my question: as i see it I have two options, which is
preferable...

1) thread in studs. These are the stock m-12 size. at my local provider
the ones they have don't look much longer than stock alloy bolts.

2) press in studs. These are m-14 and require a 9/16 hole to be drilled
through the hub and rear disc/hub composite. They have a shoulder on the
back that is larger than the stud, will this interfere with anything.

Finally, are m-12 press in studs available, i haven't found them yet if
they are?

what would you do?

thanks,

Steve

     If you see a mad professor in a minibus, just smile. --James Bond
                      http://westfailure.org