Lighter Faster New Cars was: [Re: Subaru?/ VWOA]

Cathy Boyko wrote:

> VW does NOT build the cars you and I love
> anymore..they have gone upscale, heavy and not as fun any more.
>
> Funny, I was just telling my husband that something's wrong, with an 8
> cylinder Passat, getting bigger and bigger VWs, and the Japanese are making
> some hefty cars too (Buick-like)
> Big gaps I see in the VW lineup are :
> *something cheap, small(light) and moderately fast
> *a true sports car, low, fast, ragtop maybe (to compete with S2000/ Miata)
> *minivans that anyone could afford/would want (how the heck did they drop the
> ball on this one?)
>
> What they DON't need? An SUV...

But VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda/Bentley/ etc. DOES make a car for the rest of
us:  But they won't release them in the US.

The Pres, Bush the Lesser, keeps talking of reducing dependence on
foreign oil, I think we could encourage folks to get away from SUV
madness.

I'd like to see Audi A3 chassis cars over here, (I forget what that = on
the VW side). Smaller, still kicky, maybe some with frills AND some
without.

Market share, go for the market share- not the heavy margin. <sheesh>

TBerk