Subaru? Dead horse rides again!!!!

first, all this talk is making me want to test drive a WRX! i have a dealer
about 1/4 mile from my house; been meaning to do it for a year. the thing
with the enthusiest thing is americans just don't like these cars in
general. the scirocco sacrificed a smooth engine, quiet running, many
amenities, etc. what they offered was a car that performed better than most
cars of that class, and was more fun to drive. corrado also did to a lesser
extent. they don't make either one anymore because nobody bought them. vw
has gotten away from this, and now they're selling more cars. as long as
people are buying escalades, explorers, accords and camrys, there's no
incentive at all for vw to build what we want: light, cheap,
performance-oriented cars. that's why i'm getting another scirocco instead
of a newer car (though i admit a wrx crossed my mind. can't afford the ins
though...)
-michael
new rocc saturday! details soon!