What list am I on???.

> Dave Ewing wrote:
> > Well, Shawn, I'm not having this conversation because I could give a rip
> > about Subaru or any Asian car company but it sure did sound like some
hate
> > toward VW.  I kinda look at it like this.   There was German made, then
US
> > made.  They screwed it up the first time with the GTIs but they are
doing
> > much better now.
>

> No hate, but honest discussion about current offerings and pros & cons.
>
> I don't remember ONE post talking about getting rid of their Scirocco,
> maybe there was but that wasn't the point.
>
> Seems on topic too, based on driving _something_ and how it stacks up to
> what we call the benchmark.
>
> TBerk

I guess I don't pay enough attention to the newer cars coming out of VW
compared to the newer cars coming out elsewhere.  I have changed jobs so I
don't drive any of the newer cars much anymore but when I did (about 2 years
ago) I was still fairly impressed with the engineering and power for a stock
car (TDI, VR6, never was impressed with the G60, 1.8T, etc.).  Maybe I
better just go down and drive this WRX thing!  I understand everyone's
general interest in how VW is comparing to the rest of the market but
thought that we were all more focused on A1s (Sciroccos in particular).  So,
that was where I was coming from.

Dave