brakes

It all depends on what you want to spend!!  The 10.1" front brakes from
either a 16v or whatever other VW they came on is easy to install and
probably the cheaper way to go unless your 80 had solid rotors then you
could start out with the vented version of the 9.4" which is a little
better.  11" Corrado brakes would be the next step then on to aftermarket
unless there are some swappability between the newer Audis and older VWs,
dunno on that.  Next step would be aftermarket.  Of course, as far as older
A1s go, I have 10.1" on the front, 9.4 solid discs on the rear with
stainless lines and I did the booster/master swap with prop valves and my
car stops on a dime.  If you can find all the stuff together, get the pedal
cluster too since the clutch assy on the newer setups (Scirocco 16v) has a
springy feeling like a hydrualic system.  Nice!  HTH!!

Dave

i'm looking for big brakes for my 1980 scirocco any info on what fits would
help me out alot