Subaru?

On Sun, 10 Mar 2002 20:47:00 -0600 Mike VanAmburgh <E30@iLand.net>
writes:
>> How does Subaru give support to enthusiasts?  Just curious
>> Erik L
>
>Free one-year SCCA membership for WRX owners, contingency money at
>ProSolo and National autocross events and simply making it possible
>for us to own cool cars such as the WRX.  -snip-
>Mike

Thank you Mike for saving me the time to type that up. :)

THAT and the fact they brought the WRX to these shores based solely on
their enthusiasts ASKING for it. Itas not like the VW enthusiast havent
been screaming for a bigger/badder VW for years now. It only took 1 year
to get the WRX to the states. Seen a Lupo anywhere? Exactly. Its not just
Subaru, its also Honda, Acura, Mitsubishi, Nissan, look around man. Even
the domestic manufacturers are into the enthusiast scene.
VW is into....... well, just selling cars.

Yeah, they brought the Beetle back. Took 5 years to get that done. Thats
cool. Thats not enough. They started a good thing and stopped. They TALK
about doing lots of stuff but nothing ever gets to our shores. Try and
buy a TDI in Cali. HAH!

OH! Let me clarify before we go on any further. VWOA is what im talking
about here. VWOA sucks. Always have, always will. Its really too bad.

Shawn Méze
86' Jetta GLi 8V   88' Corvette -SS 30- 2001 SDR Solo2 Champion
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 54-   79' "Project FSP Scirocco"  84' Scirocco 8V
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco(s) in all of
San Diego!

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.