Impulse buy - Mk 1

WHY do I do stupid things like this?  There's FAR too many
cars at my house as it is now!

It all started Thursday when our own Ben Harder took a
wrong turn to get back to the freeway on the outskirts of
Cincy.  As he was getting ready to turn around he spotted
an Mk 1 by the side of the road for sale, so he stopped and
took down the info.  We talked Friday and I ended up
calling the phone number listed.

Today, I went down and looked at the car.  It's a silver 81
non-S, all stock, 4 spd w/ black vinyl interior.  The hood
is black because of a light front end hit 7-8 years ago.
It has been his "work" car for the last few years, though
sitting most of the last year.  Rust-wise, it's not too
terribly bad overall but there is a good sized hole in the
usual spot next to the fuel pump.  (Ben's got a welder, we
may do some expirementing hehe.)  The car is apparantly
driveable, complete with new battery.

I'm picking it up (cheap of course), mostly just to play
with it, but if anyone really wants the car though lemme know.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace