A2 guages in A1?

I had installed a gauge cluster from an '87 Jetta in the '82 Scirocco.
In order to get it to bolt in I had to cut the little screw tab that was
on the upper left and right sides, but that was easy.  The tricky part
was that in my case the wiring harnesses didn't match.  Fortunately, I
had a Bently that covered both cars in question, so it was just a case of
reading the wireing diagrams and matching everything up.

I don't know if the GTI will have one harness or two, but if it's got two
than it should be "plug-n-play".

B.

'82 Scirocco <-- sold  :-(
'85 Jetta