found the owner of my "junk " cars(sorta long)

Man, you guys suck!   Ok, ok, you all are right.  You should sell them back
but it hurts real bad, REAL bad!!  I know that someday I will have the money
for a six-speed but to get one for next to nothing, wow!!  I guess what
Scott said was right and IF this guy is genuine and didn't come by this
stuff dishonestly himself and is telling the truth about the girlfriend/wife
then I can understand being compassionate.  BUT, it would be all or none (as
far as your offer is concerned, if he decides something different then
that's on him), not pulling some parts or selling for a profit.   If you are
going to do a good deed to ease your conscience and help out a fellow VW
lover then do it all the way and don't raise the price or pull parts or it
won't work for either of you and deep down you both will know!!  (wow,
sounds like I've been there??)   Of course this is just my opinion, not what
you HAVE to do.

Just out of curiousity, how did you meet up with this guy?  Does he know
that you have the cars and have your name and number or did your buddy at
the yard tell you about him, then you met him?   It would do you good to
check the whole thing out before you follow through with this because it
could be a story and you could be the one getting ripped!!  Make sure the
guy doesn't know too much about you and then find out (somehow) if his story
is correct!!  I only say this because I MIGHT (probably not) get dishonest
if we're talking about a 6 speed with a quaife and a fairly highly modified
car/motor.  Again, just my opinion!!  HTH!!

Dave