From: scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-admin@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Daun Yeagley
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 7:13 PM
To: 16V Jason; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: [Jason's RANT]

--- 16V Jason <jason@scirocco.org> wrote:

> You all make me laugh.  You've got to be the cheapest
> bunch of people on
> this earth.  All of you laugh your asses off when someone
> wants $4,000 for
> their Scirocco (or one sells for $2500 on e-bay), but the
> second something
> happens to your car, you want your car to be valued at
> $8,000!
>
> I can't believe how many times I see all of you laughing
> at prices of these
> cars for sale when that's what you insist your own car is
> worth
> anyway!  The bottom line is that there are people out
> there who -- get this
> -- are actually willing to spend money on their cars.

THANK YOU JASON!

I paid $3500 for my '88 16v with 165k on it in 1998 and
felt it was a damn decent deal.  (Thanks again Jason!)  The
car's never been tagged (well, one corner of the rear
bumper was slightly tweaked but there was NO body damage.),
and had been well taken care of over its liftime.  Yes, it
still needed a few things (motor mounts etc.) but it was,
and is, a kick-ass Scirocco.

While we're ranting, how 'bout the fact that SOOO many
people on the list bitch and moan about a hotel for $85 a
night for Cincy, but not ONE complaint for $79 a night at
Waterfest?

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 S, 81 S, '82, '85, & '88 Sciroccos
'82 Pickup
'90 Passat Wagon
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front
of the powers that be.  The universe is listening." - Lane Wallace