Info on seat replacement

No, no, no!!!!!!
You guys got it all wrong.....sheeesh!
I am 6'1", there is now way in hell I would fit in my Scirocco with the
Jetta GLI brackets underneath those seats.

Unlike the other VW seats, the GLI seats are "true" Recaro's and are bolted
to frames that slide into the seat rails in the Jetta.

I simply unbolted the seats from the GLI brackets (sold the OEM power
brackets on e-bay for $160) and purchased the aftermarket Recaro brackets
for the Mk1 Scirocco, bolted the seats to them and installed them in the
Scirocco.

They actually sit lower then the stock Scirocco S seats and are MUCH more
comfortable and supportive.

HTH the cause.. :)

Randy