check out this rocco on eBay pls [Jason's RANT]

At 08:46 PM 3/7/2002, ATS - Patrick Bureau wrote:
>yeah the owner thinks its worth that much for a bone stock 84 rocco...
>depends on the market you see anythign from 250$ to 12K (I actually seen one
>that at price and laughed for 20 mins)

Sorry Patrick -- I'm not picking on you.... but...

You all make me laugh.  You've got to be the cheapest bunch of people on
this earth.  All of you laugh your asses off when someone wants $4,000 for
their Scirocco (or one sells for $2500 on e-bay), but the second something
happens to your car, you want your car to be valued at $8,000!

I can't believe how many times I see all of you laughing at prices of these
cars for sale when that's what you insist your own car is worth
anyway!  The bottom line is that there are people out there who -- get this
-- are actually willing to spend money on their cars.  As a lot of you
know, I turned down a CASH OFFER of TWELVE THOUSAND for my car.  In my
case, the car's not for sale, period.  My last appraisal came in at $7000,
and I'm expecting about $9500 from the next one.  If I were to sell my car
(fat chance), you can bet your little asses that I'd want a whole hell of a
lot more for it than $4000 -- despite all of your laughing -- and I
guarantee you I'd get well over $10.  I have a friend now that's got $9000
to spend -- and he's looking for... guess what -- a good.. er.... great
Scirocco.

So how about dropping this juvenile double-standard that your car is worth
something but no one else's is?

Jason