We've been Gipped!

Julie, that nasty hard substance is a rust protectant/sealer and works
quite well at gluing those fenders on good.  If you are pulling off the
wrecked one, then you won't mind destroying it.  After alot of torching of
that material and scraping, I was able to remove my fenders from my Mk1,
but I destroyed them in the process (bent the hell out of them).  I got
impatient I guess...and I had brand new ones waiting to go on....

(Don't yell folks, these fenders were rusty junk to begin with)

Eric