From: SCIROCCO2@t-online.de [mailto:SCIROCCO2@t-online.de]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 12:06 PM
To: Josh Hignight; scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: stupid Germans ..... was : RE: For the D&D crew

Until I was told by some list members I wasn't aware either that the
Rebel-flag is considered offensive and negative for most US people.
I have to admit that it also was just a "cool american flag" for me too
before I was told that in fact it is not.

Most of us Germans are of the ( wrong ) opinion this flag symbolizes the
"good old wildwest adventures" of the admired USA
that we all know out of so many movies.

Please don't be too angry with the people here who use this flag,
it's just that they don't know the real historic background.

Thanks !
Dirk