Fuel pump/accumulator options?

funny you should mention that I always though it was a bad location German
makers like to stick fuel pumps there, my 78 280CE mercedes Benz coupe used
to be at that same location.. I have been thinking of relocation this stuff
to an area where corrosion would not be able to get at it, but lacking space
inside my engine bay to stick it there.. and inside the car is not the
greatest idea either, but the donnut spare tire "hole" sound like a
resonable area to stick it into (I have a full size spare that is going to
be sitting inside the trunk soon  so I would not be using it!

Patrick