check out this rocco on eBay pls

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ite
> m=1809815360
>
> Any idea why this 8v is going for $ 2,225.00? There are no
> mods listed and I think those wheels are stock too.

Simple answer... Why not?  Somebody sees something they want and are
willing to pay for it.  Not all Scirocco owners are cheap.  It looks
to be a very clean car. Some people actually want a nice, stock car,
and there aren't too many of those left.  (and it's Ebay, remember the
deal isn't done til the cash is in hand).

There is a very VERY nice, near mint, original owner, COMPLETELY stock
'85 8V (*gasp* 8V)sitting 2 miles from me right now. Perfect leather
interior, perfect dash, 99% perfect original Flash silver paint,
80,000 miles - only 3 dime sized dings on the entire car.  I would
give them $4000 tonight without a second thought and it would remain
perfectly stock and pampered.

Last time I saw the owner, I asked if they'd consider selling it and
gave him my info. All I got was a polite laugh.  Next time, I will
make a cash offer he'd be nuts to not at least consider.  That '85 is
so clean, over 20 minutes after seeing it, I was still so flustered I
pulled in on the wrong side of a gas pump!

I guess I want what I drove home 12 years, 2 days, 37 minutes ago...

Greg :)

PS. don't offer to sell me your car, I don't want it unless it is the
one sitting 2 miles from me.  I don't want your turboed 2L 16V 17"
wheeled euro bumpered Scirocco.

Gregory Davis       1985 Scirocco 8V w/ toys

http://www.DriversFound.com...
The Scirocco Enthusiast Website!

http://www.GAKMotorsports.com...
European Plates, Scirocco Gauge Panels, and more!