ranting and raving lunatic speach within, read at own risk

Patrick, sometimes I feel like I'm in the same boat.  I just think you
should have looked at the running gear first and then all the other
stuff.  I think if I found some big frame damage like yours had, I would
have just picked up a different MK2 to live with.  I look at the rust on
my 80 and it scares the crap out of me as to how much I might spend on
it only to find something else big that needs to be fixed.