These cars never cease to amaze me...(long)

Found a new failure mode yesterday (thumbs down)

Went for a nice long drive at lunch, lots of full throttle highway stuff,
got the oil temps up and generally just tried to shake off the winter
blahs...parked the car, came back out, and started the car.   Pulled into
traffic, the oil pressure light comes on, so I crawl down to the Mobil at
the corner and park the car. I immediately notice a HUGE volume of oil
pouring off the bottom of the block in the general area of the oil filter.

Turns out that the filter had spun loose!  I had the oil temps above 110C
for a while, and then parked the car and it cooled down to whatever the
outside temps were, say 20F-ish.  Aparently the expanding and contracting of
the oil filter was enough to break the seal between the filter body and the
oil filter flange, and it rotated loose a bit.   So...I oiled the underside
of my hood, left a gigantic puddle of oil in front of the Mobil, and bought
a couple unexpected quarts of oil.

Fun.

Marc