Sli Differential question

What you say is true, but "Torsen-style differential"
is indeed a frequently used term in the auto industry.
The SCCA Solo rulebook uses it quite a bit. A Quaife
is a "Torsen-style LSD", which means they have a
gear-driven, torque-biasing design. This is opposed to
a clutch-style, viscous coupling, electromagnetic, or
other type of LSD.

Neal Tovsen (frequently mis-spelled Torsen!)

--- "Scott F. Williams" <sfwilliams@comcast.net>
wrote:
> Just for the record, folks, Zexel Torsen is a
> company that manufactures
> torque-sensing diffferentials. "Torsen" is *not* the
> name of the technology
> itself. Quaifes are not Torsens. Torsens are not
> Peloquins. Peloquins are
> not Quaifes, etc. This kinda reminds me of the NOS =
> nitrous oxide
> confusion. :^)
> --
> Scott F. Williams