1-3 gears I'm all over the place!

Quaife LSD should solve most of your torque steer problem...
Unfortunately with the uneven length halfshafts, our VW's will tend to
torque steer.  I've been thinking of fabricating up a short "straight"
intermediate shaft for the passenger side, which couples to a second
driver side half shaft.  That way both axles will be the same length,
and should (?) eliminate most of the torque steer felt in a high HP
front driver...  I've seen this done on some <cough> Honda Civic swaps,
where they use an intermediate shaft from an Accord.  I haven't looked
into this any more than the initial idea stage, but sometime this
summer I hope to screw around with this idea...

Mark.