New brake line options/advice needed...

> It looks like the rust is holding my brake lines
> together, so much so
> that I want to (well not WANT to) replace all the
> lines, front and
> back...  What route have you guys taken here?
>
> Are pre-bent lines a good option?  Are they
> available? (MK1, preferably
> a Canadian supplier)
>
> Anyone bent their own?  Any advice here?  Lengths of
> straight pieces?
> (I've had experience bending conduit, so I should be
> able to to a
> pretty good job of it).  Is it possible to use one
> length front to back
> for each wheel?  Any tips or links would be greatly
> appreciated...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark.

AFAIK, no pre-bent lines are available. What year is
your car? (1980 & earlier lines run inside the car).

VW sells straight line in various lengths. I'm too
lazy to look at my ETKA right now :(

If your car is 1981 or newer, you might consider
pulling a line from a newer car. This is what I did
for our '78 (i scraped off some rust on one line and
discovered liquid gold!). I got the line from a 1990
Cabriolet ($5). (This is a bit involved on our car,
since this means routing the line on the bottom of the
car instead of inside the car.) Another thing to look
at if you consider this route is that the brake line
configuration on 1981-1984 cars is different from the
1985 & up.

Anyway, good parts places will also sell stright line
for you to bend.

Have fun! (not really fun, but it sounds nice).

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco S, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT / Yes, I am a moron . . .
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)