shifters and shift boots

Doug:  I replied to the list as well.

Here it is, http://w3.one.net/~rapieper/scirocco2boot.xyz

Download the ".xyz" file, rename it to .zip, and unzip.  My ISp
reserves ZIP files for ftp transfers.

Let me know if it doesn't work (AFA the download).  Otherwise, remember
I'm a do-it-yourselfer, not a seamster (male for seamstress?).

G/L,

Ron

--- doug czajka <scirocco16v@europe.com> wrote:
> > Well...Cheapass here made his own.  Turned out OK too, double
> stitched
> > the seams just like the original (used black though).  But then
> again I
> > got a sewing machine for my 40th birthday and thought this was a
> fun
> > project.  If you want, I can scan the four disassembled pieces
> along
> > with a ruler so you can make patterns.
>
> I'd love to have the scanned pieces, as i couldn't find any decent
> black shift boots with red stitching...I had toyed with the idea of
> making one myself earlier, but I guess i'm definetely going to due it
> now.  Was your sewing maching just a regular style or heavy duty.  My
> girlfriend has a regular one and i'll be using that one.  Any tips on
> materials you used, and if I need to get a heavier duty needle would
> also be helpful.  Did you use real leather or the fake stuff?  Thanks
> for all the help...
>

> --
>

> Doug C.
> '88 16v
> Raleigh, NC

> http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.