Help, my gas pedal won't move up(Need the name of bushings to purchase part at dealer)

I am going to go the dealer and get the part but I
need to know what to call it when I ask about the
part.  I know its rubber bushing, but is that the name
the dealer will go by?
--- EUROROC II <flaatr@yahoo.com> wrote:
> yes there is a hole. The cable end is hook shaped
> and fits into a rubber
> bushing... Once again, there is a hole at the top of
> the pedal assemble,
> there is a rubber bushing that fist in the hole and
> secures / aligns the
> cable end into the pedal.
>
> think you may be close
>
> raffi
>

> At 02:26 PM 2/28/2002 -0800, you wrote:
> >Today I decided to check pedal assembly and I found
> >out that the top of the gas pedal has a hole where
> >cable goes through it (I think? Verify this for me)
> >am thinking that the cable that went through the
> hole
> >snaped because when I held the cable between the
> hole
> >it functioned as a normal.  I didn't get a chance
> >start the car with it held, but I hope maybe this
> is
> >the problem and is easy to fix.  THe cable felt
> >borken.
> >--- Euroroc II <flaatr@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > Yes replacing the throttle cable is fine
> solution if
> > > it was just a broken
> > > cable but there is the issue of the high idle to
> > > deal with...
> > >
> > > Andrew,
> > > Did you check out the other things we mentioned
> like
> > > the throttle body
> > > valves closing? and the spring tension when you
> open
> > > and close the throttle
> > > body by hand with the throttle cable removed?
> Give
> > > it another read and try
> > > a few of the steps, let us know what you find.
> > >
> > > Don't worry we'll fix it
> > > -raffi

> simply
> > > the end of the cable
> > > replacing the cable should

=== message truncated ===

=====
-Andrew Wong
1984 Black Scirocco(stock)
1987 White Quantum wagon (Stock with auto)
aw614.topcities.com/1984.htm