Do these things work?

On our race cars, the intake side of thing doesn't usually get above 200°F,
and since that is where this thing goes, I doubt it would have temp trouble.
I don't see how it could work much though, just because I think more heat
comes into the intake via radiation than conduction via the head.  I guess
it only claims 3hp gain, and I guess I could see that.  I'd be more
interested in seeing the last part of the intake manifold made out of some
composite, and a heat shield between exhaust and intake.  Probably still not
worth the trouble, but who knows.

What do the rest of you think?  Is heat conduction into the intake manifold
significant?  How do you suppose it compares with radiant heating.  I guess
a simple test on a hot manifold with an IR gun would tell you how hot the
ends of the manifold get.

Just ruminating.

BH