From: T Berk [mailto:tberk@mindspring.com]=20
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 2:36 PM
Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: look familiar? rant

Brian Haygood wrote:
>=20
> I don't get it guys.  Our pictures aren't copyrighted, and nobody is=20
> trying to make a profit off of them while excluding us.  We have no=20
> profits or interests to protect except that of generating interest in=20
> our cars, right? Why the heck do people get so pissed when someone=20
> takes pictures from our site?  They are just enthusiasts like us. =20
> Hell, the pictures from Duan's house of all the cars lined up in a VW=20
> emblem should be a cultural icon, not something we try to take credit=20
> for and horde for ourselves.

I believe the pics on the Org site should have a watermark placed on
them, a little line (very, very tiny) at the bottom giving thx for
source and others are supposed to credit sources.

I don't think ANYone should pull pix off of another web site and then
post them on their own site- without permission and Definitely not
without giving credit.

This issue was settled long before the Internet became the Web.

TBerk