Need to pass some wires thru the firewall on a Mk2 16v, help

I tried this and had success getting only one or two
small wires to squeeze thru. I needed to pass my
sender wires & the 10 gauge power lead for my
amplifier. So what I did for the remaining wires was
drill a hole under the rain tray right about where the
blower motor wire comes through. I bought a set of
grommets at the local Autozone so that the wires
wouldn't get cut up, and then put some sealer around
the whole finished product. This is what I should have
passed all the wires through, it would have allowed
for as many wire as I wanted to shove through, and
would have saved me a lot of time and irritation.