Lower portion of airbox removal

Straight out of the "Hackers Handbook" (work in progress :)  I used the
end of a butter knife heated red hot with a torch to "hack" away at the
bottom of my 8v airbox.  Cuts like butter...  If you take your time,
you can actually do a pretty neat job of it, just don't breathe the
smoke - dat nasty!  A dremel tool w/ cutoff wheel will work ok too.
When I swapped my fuel dist. over to the pass. side it sat too high, so
I had to remove part of the bottom section.

You didn't mention why you were removing the lower portion, so I don't
know if this'll help, but its handy thing to know - I just used the
same technique to "remove" (ie: completely destroy :) the lower part of
a timing belt cover on my friend's car because we couldn't remove the
crankshaft bolt with the tools at hand...)

Mark.