CIS-E Troubleshooting

 Well, my 16v mk1 is coming along, but I still can't figure out why
it continues to run in Open Loop mode...

 First, I checked the DPR current and found it to read a constant 20.4 mA.
This led me to check the O2 sensor, which did appear to be bad...
so I replaced the sensor.  Checked DPR again, and still read a constant
reading.  Checked the O2 sensor directly and it was giving a good signal...
 Next I checked most of the inputs to the O2 "Jetronic" box... everything
seemed normal (coolant temp sensor fine, and both idle and full throttle
switches good).  I then swapped boxes with my '86 16v (which I know is good)
and the mk1 STILL showed a constant value around 20 mA for DPR current.

There must be a bad signal somewhere that is causing CIS-E to go directly
to the open loop mode... what could it be?

I'm just not sure what else to check... any thoughts would be great!

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v
80 Scirocco 16v