Old Memories of first cars

My first car (back in 1989) was a 77 Rabbit.  The alternate died on it.
I loved to take stuff apart and put them back together in those days, so
I replaced it on my own.  After I got the new one in, I turned the key
and the car did absolutely nothing.  After that experience, I still
don't work on my own cars unless I have a friend with me.  :-)  After
that, I bought my first Scirocco - 86 8V with 35k miles in 1990.  I sold
it two years later with 136k miles!  Shoulda kept that car.

Mike