temperamental stutter

hey all,
I have this phantom stutter I have been able to nail down. When I pull off
from a stop, the engine will sputter once or twice while under mild
acceleration. If I take off hard, it does it a lot however only through 2g
to 4g Rpm. I replaced the ignition (cap & rotor)thinking that was I and it
stoped for a week, but came back. so reading about the fuel pump thread, I
was thinking it may be a fuel issue, the pump in front of the RR wheel
sounds good n strong and as it should. perhaps the in-tank deal?  I know the
car sat for about two years (empty tank) before I bought it and now thinking
that maybe some junk in the tank. Are the MKII's like the MKI and have that
access port under the back seat to get in the tank?