centering clutch without pilot tool? I think I did it...

I've never used a centering tool... if the driven shaft will go into the clutch disc, you're fine. I always just hand-tighten three bolts (every other one) just enough to hold the disc from slipping and loose enough that I can move it by prying with a screwdriver, then center it by eyeballing the gap around the edge. If you want to get really high-tech, put in all 6 bolts and tie a piece of string across each opposite pair so the 3 strings cross in the center, then center on that.