Propylene glycol

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C21CC3.814B6E80

I noticed something peculiar the other day. It' been very hot lately =
around 90-93F. i was driving my 16V and I noticed that it was running =
cooler than usual around 80-83C water temp and oil temp at 95C steady!! =
I figured it will be a loose ground so I poped the hood . Grounds were =
fine , but coolant was leaking from the sensor on top of the plastic =
coolant reservoir. I fixed the seal temporary so the system holds =
pressure and gave it another ride. It ran at normal temps abit warmer =
than earlier.
Now, everybody knows propylene glycol (Sierra) has better thermal =
conductivity and higher boiling point than ethylene glycol. What if I =
run 100% Sierra in a pressurized system?
in theory it should run cooler. Mecca cooling systems claims so.
Any input?
Demetri

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C21CC3.814B6E80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I noticed something peculiar the other =
day. It'=20
been very hot lately around 90-93F. i was driving my 16V and I noticed =
that it=20
was running cooler than usual around 80-83C water temp and oil temp at =
95C=20
steady!! I figured it will be a loose ground so I poped the hood . =
Grounds were=20
fine , but coolant was leaking from the sensor on top of the plastic =
coolant=20
reservoir. I fixed the seal temporary so the system holds pressure and =
gave it=20
another ride. It ran at normal temps abit warmer than =
earlier.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Now, everybody knows propylene glycol =
(Sierra) has=20
better thermal conductivity and higher boiling point than ethylene =
glycol. What=20
if I run 100% Sierra in a pressurized system?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>in theory it should run cooler. Mecca =
cooling=20
systems claims so.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Any input?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Demetri</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C21CC3.814B6E80--