Scotty's autocross cherry goes *POP*

Yo! I did my first autocross today at the Giants Stadium parking lot. Big
thanks to Tony Malgapo for posting about the event to this list. The event
was sponsored and run by the Porsche Club of America and wow were there a
lot of them out there!

The odd thing was that there was only one or two turbo cars. The rest were
all normally aspirated. Other cars also turned out and were all lumped into
category "X". So, that put me up against a '67 Vette, an incredibly riced
out Subaru WRX, a supercharged Honda Del Sol, three MR2s, a new MINI Cooper
S (supercharged, stylish, and quick), BMW M3s, and other sundry rides. What
was truly pathetic was that there was not one single Volkswagen on the whole
damned lot. That really makes me wonder. I guess there was a polish and sit
event somewhere else. Grrr...

Anyway, I figured I'd mosey on up there and try my hand at some cone
dodging. Yeehah, that was a lot of fun! :^) My first two runs took me off
course and the third ended up with a near spin. However, the last three runs
were pretty damned quick if I may toot my own horn. :^) Of course, I'll have
to repraZENT in the Scirocco next time.

And, on that note, I'll likely be doing that sometime soon. Aside from the
TEC-II tuning, the only thing left to make the car run is the fabrication of
the fuel lines. In fact, I'm installing the interior tomorrow. Woohoo! :^)

*Scotty over and out*
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut