custom wheel offset question

Tobias,
     My car is actually an mk2...  I think your wheels rub because of the wheel
width.  Using the wheel calculator on scirocco.org a 6" wheel width with a 30mm
offset equals a backspace of 4.18 inches.  A 7" wheel width with 30mm offset
equals 4.68 in.  According to the site our cars can handle 4.5-5.1 inches of
backspace before having clearnce problems.  So... I'm thinking 15x7 & 30mm
offset might be the ticket.

Thanks,
Matt